Pilot Beach Resort is committed to continuously fulfill our guests’ wishes and expectations with a tradition in hospitality spanning for more than three decades. Today, more than ever, we are also committed to ensure the health of our guests and staff as we navigate thru the difficult challenge the coronavirus (COVID-19) presents us with.
Taking under consideration that social distancing is the outmost important measure to avoid the spread of the virus we believe that Pilot Beach Resort ideally enables social distancing due to:
- Spacious outdoor areas
- All restaurants and bars have big terraces for most of our guests to sit outside in the open air
- Rooms spread in bungalows with private entrance without corridors and individual A/C units
- The resort has a wide beach and big pool areas where sunbeds and umbrellas are already placed in distance
- Big airy public areas ready to offer outdoor fitness programs and outdoor kid’s activities
The resort spreads in a 150.000sq.m ample natural area in an ideal landscape for delightful holidays. Herewith we reassure you that we will be ready for one more time to offer to our guests the traditional Cretan hospitality in a safe environment.
Pilot Beach Resort
Your health and the health of our staff and partners is our highest priority at all times and in all respects.
We are implementing measures in the areas of prevention, hygiene and protection. All our employees strive to comply with the relevant hygiene rules of each department. Pilot Beach Resort’s staff receives targeted training so that these standards can be applied across all areas. Compliance with hygiene standards is also carefully monitored by supervisors and the General Manager. We take our lead from recommendations issued by international health authorities and from requirements set out by Greek Government. But we are also going even further. Our hotel is also in permanent contact with specialists advisors. The measures currently being implemented are as follows:
• Temperature detection at the entrance of the resort
• Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available in all public areas (lobby, restaurants, bars)
• Distance signs (minimum of 1.5m)
• Regular disinfection of contact surfaces (door handles, counters at reception and in the bar etc.)
• Regular airing of public areas
• Lift capacity limited to two persons at any one time (except for families)
• Mask are required to enter shops or elevators
• Umbrellas and sunbeds distancing according regulations
• We strongly recommend electronic registration in advance (through our new app, or per mail) in order to minimize the waiting time in the reception.
• Possibility for cashless payments.
• Disinfection of room keys and key cards
• Employees use personal protection
• Minimize printed material to hand-out.
Restaurants and bars
• Buffet is going to be available with enhanced hygiene measures
• Restaurants are going to be available upon reservation in order to avoid crowding (through the app or reception).
• More served menu dinner options are going to be available.
• Table distancing according to regulations.
• Enhanced staff safety with personal protective equipment according regulations
• Hand sanitizers available in the entrance of the outlets and next to the buffets.
• We strongly recommend the children to be served by their parents.
• According to the occupancies, the restaurant’s availability may differ.
• Room cleaning upon request, if you need housekeeping service please hang the green sign in your door handle or inform reception.
• Room cleaning in absence of guests
• Disinfection of each room after departure
• Room attendant uses personal protection.
• Regular disinfection of touch points such door handles, light switches, handrails, air condition switches, telephones etc.
• Room decoration, such as cushions and blankets, will be removed from all rooms.
• Printed material in the rooms will be minimized.
SPA & Gym
• Services will be available only with reservation through our App or dial 8141
• Masks are required to enter SPA area
• Enhanced cleaning for our SPA and Gym
• More group work-out classes available (please check the daily program)
• Indoor pool and Sauna/Hamam are not operating due to government regulation.
Sports & Entertainment
• More outdoor fitness courses will be offered please check the daily program
• Football and beach volley will be prohibited until further notice
• Available sports will be: tennis, archery, yoga/fitness, aqua fit, darts, boccia, table tennis, hiking/running, biking
• Evening entertainment is going to be available please check the daily program
• Please avoid crowding
• Indoor Mini Club will be closed; outdoor shaded area is available instead.
• Outdoor programs will be available complying the regulations, check the daily activities
• Personal protection of the employees
• Due to the new regulations of COVID-19 spread prevention, limitations of Mini Club operation might apply.
• Specialized training courses according to the department
• All employees strive to follow the rules of personal hygiene
• Our doctor will check regularly the health condition of the personnel
• According to government regulations, if someone is infected, we have specific rooms for special treatment in order to apply distancing and to take good care of our guests.
• In case you have: cough, shortness of breath or fever please stay in your room and contact reception: 8100
• Doctor 24h: 6937370333
• Pharmacy: 2825061000
• Hospital: 2831342100 (Rethymno 21km), 2821342000 (Chania 38km)
• COVID-19 information line 24h:1135
You can download our new app where you can find all useful information, timetables, register electronically, reserve table in the restaurants, book your gym time or SPA treatment, view room service, restaurant or bar menu and order easily at your fingertips.