Pilot Beach Resort is committed to continuously fulfill our guests’ wishes and expectations with a tradition in hospitality spanning for more than three decades. Today, more than ever, we are also committed to ensure the health of our guests and staff as we navigate thru the difficult challenge the coronavirus (COVID-19) presents us with.
Taking under consideration that social distancing is the outmost important measure to avoid the spread of the virus we believe that Pilot Beach Resort ideally enables social distancing due to:
- Spacious outdoor areas
- All restaurants and bars have big terraces for most of our guests to sit outside in the open air
- Rooms spread in bungalows with private entrance without corridors and individual A/C units
- The resort has a wide beach and big pool areas where sunbeds and umbrellas are already placed in distance
- Big airy public areas ready to offer outdoor fitness programs and outdoor kid’s activities
The resort spreads in a 150.000sq.m ample natural area in an ideal landscape for delightful holidays. Herewith we reassure you that we will be ready for one more time to offer to our guests the traditional Cretan hospitality in a safe environment.
Pilot Beach Resort
Your health and the health of our staff and partners is our highest priority at all times and in all respects.
We are implementing measures in the areas of prevention, hygiene and protection. All our employees strive to comply with the relevant hygiene rules of each department. Pilot Beach Resort’s staff receives targeted training so that these standards can be applied across all areas. Compliance with hygiene standards is also carefully monitored by supervisors and the General Manager. We take our lead from recommendations issued by international health authorities and from requirements set out by Greek Government. But we are also going even further. Our hotel is also in permanent contact with specialists advisors. The measures currently being implemented are as follows:
- Temperature scan upon entering the resort
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available in all public areas (lobby, restaurant, bar, lifts)
- Distance signs (minimum of 1.5m)
- Regular disinfection of contact surfaces (door handles, lift call buttons, counters at reception and in the bar etc.)
- Regular airing of public areas
- Lift capacity limited to two persons at any one time (except for families)
- Umbrellas and sunbeds (beach and pool) distancing according regulations
Reception, check-in and check-out
- We strongly recommend electronic registration in advance (through our new app) in order to minimize the waiting time in the reception. Check-in with smart phone is available
- Possibility for contactless payments.
- Disinfection of room keys and key cards
- Minimize printed material to hand-out.
Restaurants and bars
- Restaurants are going to be available upon reservation in order to avoid crowding (through the app or reception).
- Buffet is going to be available with enhanced hygiene measures
- Hand sanitizers available next to the buffets.
- Buffet self-service only with gloves
- Restaurant attendants use personal protection.
- We strongly recommend the guests to enter the restaurants with face mask on.
- We strongly recommend the children to be served by their parents.
- More served menu dinner options are going to be available.
- Table distancing according to regulations.
- Disinfection of tables, counters, surfaces etc. after each use and regular airing of the outlets.
- Enhanced staff safety and well-being with personal protective equipment according regulations
- Contactless ordering and payments available
- Room cleaning in absence of guests
- Disinfection of each room after departure
- Room attendant uses personal protection.
- Regular disinfection of door handles, light switches, handrails, air condition switches, telephones etc.
- Room decoration, such as cushions and blankets, will be removed from all rooms.
- Printed material in the rooms will be minimized.
SPA & Gym
- Services will be available only with reservation
- Personal protection of the employees
- Enhanced cleaning for our SPA and Gym
- Indoor pool and Sauna will not operating until further notice
Sports & Entertainment
- More outdoor fitness courses will be offered
- Available sports will be: beach volleyball, football, basketball, tennis, archery, yoga/fitness, aqua fit, darts, boccia, table tennis, biking
- Evening entertainment is going to be available with live music and shows.
- More outdoor programs is available
- Personal protection of the employees
- Intensive cleaning of Mini Club
- Specialized training courses according to the department
- All employees follow the rules of personal hygiene
- Our doctor check regularly the health condition of the personnel
• According to government regulations, if someone is infected, we have specific rooms for special treatment in order to apply distancing and to take good care of our guests.
• In case you have: cough, shortness of breath or fever please stay in your room and contact reception: 8100
• Doctor 24h: 6937370333
• Pharmacy: 2825061000
• Hospital: 2831342100 (Rethymno 21km), 2821342000 (Chania 38km)
• COVID-19 information line 24h:1135
You can download our new app where you can find all useful information, timetables, register electronically, reserve table in the restaurants, book your gym time or SPA treatment, view room service, restaurant or bar menu and order easily at your fingertips.