Pilot Beach Resort is a family-owned property with hospitality spanning tradition for more than two decades, committed to continuously fulfill our guests’ wishes and expectations over the years.
Pilot Beach Resort was established by Air Force General, George Papadakis, on the land of his ancestors, following his retirement from active duty. The first part to be completed was the bungalows on the beach and in May 1991 the hotel began operating as Pilot Beach. The innovative design, featuring low-rise buildings, was initiated and supervised by the General himself, together with a team of dedicated professionals whose main mission was guest satisfaction and shortly after became a favorite destination for holidays on the island. Its success led to the expansion of Pilot Beach in 2001, with the addition of a new, state of the art, hotel complex. The new Pilot Beach Resort became, from the first year of its operation -in 2001- a reference point of successful tourist development on the island.
Today, the resort covers an impressive area of 150000m2, with 400m facing the most beautiful sandy beach of Crete, remarkable infrastructure including 450 units, 4 restaurants and 3 Bars, 5 swimming pools covering a total area of 4000m2 in water surface, a SPA of 1500 m2 and state of the art conference facilities.
Pilot Beach Resort has maintained its values throughout all the years of its operation. It is dedicated to offer high quality services, in a truly relaxing environment, where guests enjoy Cretan nature, culture and authentic hospitality. The management of the resort is committed to continually improve the facilities and services to satisfy our guests’ wishes, with respect to the natural environment, Cretan culture, the island’s traditions and the Cretan citizens. Many of the resort’s guests return year after year, which is a source of pride to the management and personnel.