Pilot Beach Resort is committed to continuously fulfill our guests’ wishes and expectations with a tradition in hospitality spanning for more than three decades. Today, more than ever, we are also committed to ensure the health of our guests and staff as we navigate thru the difficult challenge the coronavirus (COVID-19) presents us with.
The Greek Government announced that international tourism can gradually start from the 15th of June and from the 1st of July the airports on our Island can accept international flights. As the result of the above we gladly announce that we have opened our hotel on the 1st of July for the remaining summer season of 2020.
Taking under consideration that social distancing is the outmost important measure to avoid the spread of the virus we believe that Pilot Beach Resort ideally enables social distancing due to:
- Spacious outdoor areas
- All restaurants and bars have big terraces for most of our guests to sit outside in the open air
- Rooms spread in bungalows with private entrance without corridors and individual A/C units
- The resort has a wide beach and big pool areas where sunbeds and umbrellas are already placed in distance
- Big airy public areas ready to offer outdoor fitness programs and outdoor kid’s activities
The resort spreads in a 150.000sq.m ample natural area in an ideal landscape for delightful holidays. Herewith we reassure you that we will be ready for one more time to offer to our guests the traditional Cretan hospitality in a safe environment.
Pilot Beach Resort
Health and Hygiene
We will continue to uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Given the current situation caused by COVID-19, we have taken additional actions in our hotel, developed according to the guidelines of Global, European and local public health authorities (including the WHO, ECDC, and CDC), to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more sufficient.
Some of these measures are:
- Temperature scan upon entering the resort
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will be available in all public areas (lobby, restaurant, bar, lifts)
- Distance signs (minimum of 1.5m)
- Regular disinfection of contact surfaces (door handles, lift call buttons, counters at reception and in the bar etc.)
- Regular airing of public areas
- Lift capacity limited to two persons at any one time (except for families)
- Umbrellas and sunbeds (beach and pool) distancing according regulations
Reception, check-in and check-out
- We strongly recommend electronic registration in advance (here) in order to minimize the waiting time in the reception.
- Possibility for cashless payments.
- Disinfection of room keys and key cards
- Minimize printed material to hand-out.
Restaurants and bars
- Buffet is going to be available with enhanced hygiene measures
- Restaurants are going to be available upon reservation in order to avoid crowding (through the app or reception).
- More served menu dinner options are going to be available.
- Table distancing according to regulations.
- Disinfection of tables, counters, surfaces etc. after each use and regular airing of the outlets.
- Enhanced staff safety and well-being with personal protective equipment according regulations
- Contactless ordering and payments available
- Hand sanitizers available next to the buffets.
- Restaurant attendants use personal protection.
- We strongly recommend the children to be served by their parents.
- Room cleaning in absence of guests
- Disinfection of each room after departure
- Room attendant uses personal protection.
- Regular disinfection of door handles, light switches, handrails, air condition switches, telephones etc.
- Room decoration, such as cushions and blankets, will be removed from all rooms.
- Printed material in the rooms will be minimized.
SPA & Gym
- Services will be available only with reservation
- Personal protection of the employees
- Enhanced cleaning for our SPA and Gym
- Indoor pool and Sauna will not operating until further notice
Sports & Entertainment
- More outdoor fitness courses will be offered
- Football and beach volley will be prohibited until further notice
- Available sports will be: tennis, archery, yoga/fitness, aqua fit, darts, boccia, table tennis, hiking/running, biking
- Evening entertainment is going to be available
- More outdoor programs will be available
- Personal protection of the employees
- Intensive cleaning of Mini Club
- Specialized training courses according to the department
- All employees follow the rules of personal hygiene
- Our doctor will check regularly the health condition of the personnel